Feature on Soapbox Jury

If you would like us to review your website, blog, product or service please email us.
If we're able to publish your review all we ask is that you link to Soapbox Jury in return. Please read here before submitting.

Quick Review: YouTube Karaoke

Those of you reading my other blog, Tom Jackson Online, a few days ago will have heard me talking about how much I like to blast out karaoke tunes, especially when slightly inebriated and surrounded by an audience of cheering (or jeering) friends. The fact that I'm a crap singer is irrelevant - it's the satisfaction of being able to raise a smile and a giggle from the unfortunates within earshot.

I mentioned the idea of posting the occasional YouTube music video and song lyrics on my other blog. It was the Girls Aloud remix of 'I Think We're Alone Now' that spurred me into this decision. The more I thought of the idea the more I liked it. After a quick Google I discovered that there is actually a gap in the market for YouTube karaoke. There is a site called YouTubeKaraoke.com but it is just a bunch of sponsored link, with no real content - certainly nothing to sing along to!

To this effect I have created a new blog called YouTube Karaoke. The tag line reads as follows: YouTube Karaoke is a collection of YouTube music videos and lyrics. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and an audience are optional!

So next time you've had a few drinks, a nice meal and are in the mood for a bit of a sing song, why not check out the timeless classics over at YouTube Karaoke. The site is still in development, but I'll be regularly adding to the collection. You can also submit requests by visiting the site.

No comments: